Family Picture - June 2013

My Posterity

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bishopric . . .

Last Sunday, July 14 I received the following text message:

"I can't talk now but you should know that they want to make me a High Priest"
 
 
My reply later in the day:    "Can you talk now?"
 
 
His reply:   "No"  then my reply:  "Why not?"   which was then followed by a phone call from Theron.
 
 
Needless to say, Stephen and I have just returned from being in Vancouver, WA over the weekend.  We had the privilege of being in sacrament when Theron was sustained to be the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric.  Upon that sustaining, he was then again sustained to receive the ordinance of becoming a High Priest.  I was perfectly calm until Theron was asked to stand and be sustained.  I don't know what came over me at that very moment but it was a precious feeling and really emotional for me and for Theron.  The new 1st counselor and 2nd counselors were then asked to join the Bishop on the stand.  Later both men bore their testimonies.  Theron was quiet emotional but did a great job.  The Bishop ended the meeting with a few remarks and gladly passed the baton of being the official cry baby from him to Theron.  Heidi's dad, Dale Barnes, did the ordination of High Priest and gave Theron a wonderful blessing.  Again, lots of emotion and tears.  I think Theron is feeling a little overwhelmed right now but he will do a great job.



No comments: